Saturday, April 3, 2010

How do i get my fiancee to trust me after hitting her? Advice? By Brian H.

I am 31 and was with my ex fiancee for 7 years engaged for 4, we broke up almost 2yrs ago, she is 27 and the mother to my 5 year old son. I suffered from a really bad drug addiction just after i met her but she stood by me even though she kept telling me i needed help but i told her i didn't have a problem with drugs, she had a problem with me taking drugs. I love her so much and cant believe how i ruined the best thing that ever happened to me. When i was heavily drugged up she had a go at me for using while i was minding our son alone in the house and was shouting at me, the only thing i wanted to do was shut her up and i punched her in the face, i ended up bursting her lip and freaked out, when i tried to see if she was ok she pushed me away and told me she cant do this anymore, she ended up moving out and wouldn't let me see our son for 3 months because she didn't trust me with him. I couldn't sleep proper at night thinking of what i done and how i hurt the woman i love and was punching walls with frustration of knowing i hurt her and couldn't see my son, i decided i needed help badly, i have been clean for over a year now and have my son 3 days a week alone. I need her back in my life but she never really wants to see me only to tell me about our kid, its breaking my heart. My friend told me that his girlfriend, who is a friend of hers, told her that she is still in love with me but is afraid of me and what i done. Any advice on this?

Your Answer:

Time is really the only thing that can take care of the situation. You need to simply tell her you were high when this happened and you've been clean for a good amount of time. You need to relax and stop worrying about this so much. Simply tell her how you feel and let the past go. At least that part of it. Telling her it will not happen again will do little good; however, the more time that passes and you stay on the good foot, she will be yours again. Tell her, then let "time," do its magic. GOOD LUCK!!

Source(s):

www.moonshineandweed.com

No comments:

Post a Comment